September 16, 2009 | No Comments
Designed by Stage | Country: United States
“Aviva Labs (AL), a sunless tanning solution manufacturer had a successful (non-organic) wholesale business. With an organic formula in the works AL wanted to extend sales to higher end retailers.
Challenge – Recognizing buyers’ reluctance to buy the AL consumer product a Rebrand was needed. The consumer marketing challenges:
• Communicating organic as luxury.
• Leveraging the health benefits of sunless tanners.
• Avoid the trashy stigma of sunless tanners.
• Maintain recognition of current buyers.
Strategy – Brand and Design strategy:
• Connect with informed consumers who want to look good through the concept of “Healthy Confidence”.
• Maintaining buyer recognition by renaming as “Aviva Organics”.
The communication of “Healthy Confidence“ and premium quality product was achieved by:
• Creating a minimal /confident design.
• Delivering sophisticated femininity with a pattern that is applied brandwide.
• Printing on the packaging interior to communicate quality.
• The rebrand opened the doors to high-end spas increasing the number of monthly accounts by 132%.
• The increased trust of the Aviva Organics increased wholesale sales by an average of 22% per sale.
• The rebrand played a significant role in wining the Skin Magazine 2008 best skincare award.”